Sales Director - Europe
About Private AI
Private AI is a Toronto-based early-stage technology company funded by top Venture Capital investors, and we’ve created cutting edge ML technology that allows our customers to fully leverage their data without compromising user privacy by easily detecting, redacting, and replacing with synthetic data the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in their datasets. Private AI is led by a dedicated team of domain experts with a passion to deliver the “Privacy Layer for Software” and enable the world to unlock the value in data, while protecting personal privacy.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to engage target customers through whatever means necessary (Zoom, phone, email, LinkedIn, carrier pigeon, popping out of birthday cakes, etc.), to showcase our technology and present a compelling case to win new business.
Based in Europe and reporting to the VP of Sales, while working closely with colleagues across the company, you will be tasked to:
- Identify, target, engage, and win new customers, within defined geographies and industry sectors.
- Own and drive the sales process from initial outreach and engagement, to promoting and demonstrating our technology, driving product trials and leading commercial negotiations to contract closure.
- Support marketing initiatives, including exhibitions, conferences, and networking events.
- Work closely with the various sales, marketing, and technical teams to share market feedback and support your sales activities.
- Manage existing customer accounts to ensure customer satisfaction while identifying new opportunities and growing our business within the existing customer base.
- Manage sales administration and reporting, including forecasting, CRM, and general account management.
Why this job is awesome
- Private AI offers significant room for advancement within the company and supports personal development thanks to our substantial growth.
- We’re growing rapidly: Revenue is increasing >80% quarter over quarter, with a broad international customer base of technology providers and large enterprises.
- Nothing is on fire: Our product is successfully in production and generating revenues from a fast-growing customer base.
- Great work-life balance: While we’re a start-up and therefore some variance in hours and activities is to be expected, we strongly value a good work life balance, with a positive and fun team culture.
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor as a core member of the team, participating in the shaping of the company as we grow.
- This position is compensated competitively and includes performance bonuses and equity.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience selling technology products to a range of individuals from the C-suite down to developers, across a range of companies from SMBs to corporates.
- Business fluency in English.
- Familiarity with subscription-based SaaS commercial offerings.
- Proven ability to build, manage, motivate and drive virtual teams of colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Experience engaging with local, international, and global companies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to distill complex technical topics into concepts that the non-technical can understand.
- Experience selling to both direct customers and building partner, reseller, and OEM channels.
- Ability to recognize, respect, appreciate, and adapt to different cultures and styles.
Nice To Haves
- Additional language skills.
- Breadth of experience from working within large and small teams and/or companies.
- Proven ability to build and manage a team over time.
- Have one of those personalities who:
- Turns awkward moments into funny anecdotes;
- Is more likely to throw a party than be the quiet one in the corner;
- Friends and colleagues turn to for resolutions to problems;
- Loves chatting about the Turing test and when we’ll get there;
- Is the person who helps less technical friends and family install AdBlocker’s and Anti-malware products;
- Arranges game nights but is guilty of getting over competitive on occasion;
- Loves to introduce and be introduced to new friends.
If you’re seeking the next step in your career, to be part of a great team, learn about and contribute to scaling a company from start-up to unicorn, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this job, please complete our application process here: https://privateai.bamboohr.com/careers/23