About Private AI
Private AI is a Toronto-based early-stage technology company funded by top Venture Capital investors. Private AI has created an industry-leading AI solution that allows companies to fully utilise their datasets without compromising user privacy. Our cutting-edge technology enables companies to easily detect, redact and/or pseudonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in unstructured data within their own environment. Private AI is led by a dedicated team of domain experts with a passion to deliver a “Privacy Layer for Software” and enable the world to unlock the value in data, while protecting personal privacy.
Based in Toronto and initially reporting to the COO, while working closely with the Management team, Board of Directors and Investors, you will be tasked to:
- Design, execute and manage the financial standards, processes and activities for the company.
- Implement and manage a financial system: Specifically, to select a cloud-based accounting system (either Quickbooks or Xero) and deploy, operate and manage the system.
- Design, deploy and manage a company expense system.
- Support sales operations (targets, reporting, commissions, etc.).
- Implement and manage a customer billing system.
- Establish and control budgets for the company and across all departments.
- Create financial dashboards and reports for management to operate.
- Create business models, enabling management to review options, i.e. income versus expenses versus investment, as the company grows.
- Hire, train and manage Finance staff, in-line with the company’s growth and workload demands.
- Create Board of Directors and Investor reports as required.
- Manage relationship with the external auditors and deliver audited annual accounts in line with Board of Director requirements.
- Manage the company’s finances in a manner that allows for maximum efficiency and shareholder value.
Why this job is awesome
- Private AI, as a company that’s experiencing substantial growth, offers significant room for advancement within the company and supports personal development.
- We’re growing rapidly: Revenue is increasing >80% quarter over quarter, with a broad international customer base of cutting-edge new technology providers and large enterprises.
- Nothing is on fire: Our product is successfully in production and generating revenues from a fast-growing customer base.
- Great work-life balance: While we’re a startup and thus flexibility in hours, location and activities is a prerequisite, we strongly value a good work life balance, with a positive and fun team culture.
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor as a core member of the team, participating in the shaping of the company as we grow.
- This position is compensated competitively and includes equity.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified CPA, with Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Business fluency in English.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- Familiarity with Venture Capital based investment funding.
- Experience of operating with IFRS and GAAP standards.
- Familiarity with subscription-based SaaS invoicing and ARR reporting.
- Experience of working with international entities and FX.
- Strong communication, modelling, reporting and analytical skills.
- High level of familiarity with either Quickbooks and/or Xero financial systems.
- Experience of working with external accountants and auditors.
Nice To Haves
- French language business fluency.
- Breadth of experience from working within large and small teams and/or companies.
- Proven ability to build and manage a team over time.
- Experience of supporting Sales Operations.
Please click the "Apply for This Job" icon & submit your cover letter, resume and relevant information.